GEWI pitchbend

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #317 by gewi
GEWI pitchbend was created by gewi
GEWI has now a pitch bend sensor.
QRD1114, short range. - learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/qrd1114-opt...tor-hookup-guide/all
I post a link here to a Respiro demo -
(No peyote harmed in that production. ;))
www.dropbox.com/sh/b16f4spvkg30ns8/AACK6...DnUf4V-DNPNSea?raw=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: puremusic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 23 hours ago #319 by gewi
Replied by gewi on topic GEWI pitchbend
Dropbox vs gewi 1 nil.

I had intended to obtain a link to prj34 only, this was made with gewi and Respiro crushed peyote.

Anyway the link I posted gives the folder containing also rec002
which was done with a patch I made on the ewi4000s. Slipping up or down octaves 4000s is easy enough for me, but not so good for double octave leaps or other large intervals.

The ir sensor works fine with RH thumb rolling between about 12 and 0 mm. No modulation of ir was used, just a direct connection to an analog input on Arduino uno.

More
2 weeks 19 hours ago #324 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic GEWI pitchbend
prj34.... NICE..... I do clearly hear the bending of your GEWI...WELL DONE...
So how many octaves can you glide now we the GEWI?

PS: the new Respiro 1.2.2 is coming soon...many improvements + new instruments
The following user(s) said Thank You: puremusic

More
1 week 4 days ago #330 by gewi
Replied by gewi on topic GEWI pitchbend
Re Arduino and Pitchbend. GEWI code uses the Arduino MIDI library. Pitchbend data is sent as values between 63 and 127, which is just the raise pitch side, like moving a modwheel on a keyboard forward.
Lowering the pitch would be 63 to 0 in the midi message, and is not used by GEWI. By starting a new note with the RH thumb in the maximum pitchbend position, pitchbend down is implemented.

It's up to the recieving synth to set the range, usually from a semitone up to 2 octaves as with Respiro. The QRD4111 IR sensor works over a range of about 1 cm. This means you get less control over the pitch as the range is increased. On the other hand, the thumb doesn't need to move very far, and zero force is needed.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds