Does the Respiro iOS wind-synth work with widi master (bluetooth midi)?

• windplayer
  • windplayer's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #832 by windplayer
First of all, thanks for the free Respiro wind-synth app, a very fine addition to Respiro and a great gift for windcontroller player.

Does anybody have experience with EWI4000s or 5000 in combination with cme's widi master (sending bluetooth midi) and the Respiro app on iPad?
www.cme-pro.com/product/widi-master/

Does the Respiro wind-synth work without further midi apps, is there no problem with latency?
It would be nice to share your experience and thoughts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #834 by imoxplus
Bluetooth will always introduce some latency. I have only a Yamaha UD-BT01 and I'm not happy with it. Maybe I should try a CME ;-)

Latency is also introduced when pushing too many things through the bluetooth communication channels. Example, do not combine Bluetooth headset or audio streaming when using midi over bluetooth.

Respiro player for iOS comes as Standalone (Inter App Audio) and as AUv3 plug-in. The Standalone can connect to bluetooth and by setting the samplebuffer around 128 the latency should become acceptable.
--
I love the AUM mixer to load Respiro AUv3 plug-in. The AUM also allows optimisation of it's samplebuffer.

--
overall, I would recommend to avoid bluetooth for wind-controllers and hook your EWI directly to the iOS device using an Apple camera connection kit.

• windplayer
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #835 by windplayer
Thanks for your reply! This helps!

• windplayer
More
5 months 6 days ago #843 by windplayer
Hello! I made a try with the widi master - and it works really good in combination with the Respiro player. It is the first time, I use a wireless Bluetooth device in combination with my EWI4000s working with an acceptable latency.
This is really plug and play: Switching on the EWI, starting Respiro player - and you are ready to make music.
The following user(s) said Thank You: imoxplus

More
5 months 6 days ago #844 by imoxplus
that's good news..and reassuring for other EWI users that want to go wireless.. thanks for the feedback

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds