Polyphony

• gregsinibaldi
  • gregsinibaldi's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #651 by gregsinibaldi
Polyphony was created by gregsinibaldi
Hello all,

Are there any plans to make Respiro polyphonic? I know its possible to do this with multiple instances but it would be nice to be able to utilize some of the EWI 4000 interval features and well as some of the NuRad EWI polyphony features on the fly. Just curious if this is in the plan...

Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 6 days ago #652 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic Polyphony
sorry for the late reply... having so many things on my head that I forgot to check the forum..

No immediate plans for a polyphonic Respiro... but I play with the idea to add a drone sound mechanism. that is listening to note on/off on a specific midi channel...

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #654 by stubbsonic
Replied by stubbsonic on topic Polyphony
Greg, as you mentioned, Respiro already provides standard polyphony with multiple instances set to the same sound, or "ensemble" polyphony when different instruments/variants are loaded in each instance.

I get what you mean about it not being as immediate as a regular polyphonic synth. One useful workaround could be to set up templates so I can just load a configuration and be up & running. Another thing that might be useful is setting up a way to send program changes to each instance so that sounds can be changed en masse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: imoxplus

• gregsinibaldi
More
4 weeks 1 day ago #655 by gregsinibaldi
Replied by gregsinibaldi on topic Polyphony
Thanks Stubbsonic. What type of templates are you thinking about? Something via a DAW? Just trying to wrap my head around the strategy...
Thanks

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #656 by stubbsonic
Replied by stubbsonic on topic Polyphony
Are you on Mac? or Windows?

I was thinking either a DAW or a plugin host like MainStage 3 or Plogue Bidule or something like that..

For standalone on Mac OS, an Automator app could be created to launch the multiple instances in one step.

The second task is to work out some elegant way to send out program changes to each instance. Or, if you want do it manually (within each instance), then to be able to save the resulting state as a "snapshot" with whatever method works. I think with some experimentation you could come up with a workflow that works. If so, please share it here.

The nice thing about Respiro's new program change features is that you can easily assign Prog numbers to your favorite sounds and access them quickly via MIDI PC.

• gregsinibaldi
More
4 weeks 1 day ago #657 by gregsinibaldi
Replied by gregsinibaldi on topic Polyphony
I'm on a Mac and use Reaper as well as Mainstage. I'll give this some thought and if I come up with a workaround I'll post it here

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds