Cut off note(s)

More
3 months 1 week ago #442 by mmtuk
Cut off note(s) was created by mmtuk
Apologies to all if this suggestion is met or covered elsewhere.

I've not had much time to spend using my EWI 5000 & Respiro but today I managed to find a few moments.

I have my note delay setting on the EWI set to the minimum (0) so that the instrument is as fluid/responsive to rapid note transitions as is possible. The downside of this setting is that the chances of note glitches are high. I see it as an incentive to get my fingering accuracy spot on.

As you are aware Rudy, when a note glitch occurs on the EWI it defaults to playing a very low note (C0?). would it be possible to have a Global switch in Respiro that enables user defined high and low cutoff notes that effectively make Respiro ignore any note on messages outside of the defined range. The main point is this needs to be a Global setting irrespective of which patch is being played, a setting that is perhaps remembered between sessions too.

If already an option, my apologies for waffling on unnecessarily!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #443 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic Cut off note(s)
OK..I did not know this about the EWI.
I will add in the upcoming version a global min/max note cut-off filter.
For now I'm very busy with the Photon...so it will take a while...

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #509 by Danballsr
Replied by Danballsr on topic Cut off note(s)
I agree that this would be very useful for the EWI! Thanks.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #512 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic Cut off note(s)
This feature will be available in the upcoming release... See beta version 2.1.5 - see button called LIMIT.
Switching on this button does restrict the incoming midi notes to play only within the sweetzone (see green area on keyboard). You can adjust the sweetzone for each instrument. Playing outside the sweetzone will result in the last valid note continue playing instead of going to the out of range note.

cheers
Rudy

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds