Some suggestions and bugs

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #440 by Oneiroi
Replied by Oneiroi on topic Some suggestions and bugs
One option could be to add an LFO which could then modulate whatever parameter in the Controls section. This way, the user is free to use pipe ratio vibrato solely or also add in some pitch modulation. I don't know if the combination of both would result in some weird effect though...but definitely an LFO for general purpose would be a nice addition.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #441 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic Some suggestions and bugs
clever......for sure a good suggestion...

More
3 months 4 days ago #444 by Oneiroi
After a little bit more playing with it, here are a few more suggestions :

- It would be nice that the note transition time would update even while a note is being held. This way, I can start a long portamento between two notes and shorten it however quickly I want. I often use this technique instead of trying to find just the right time before playing the notes.

- Pitch Bend isn't applied to a note if the pitch bend has been modified BEFORE playing the note (ie : having the pb all the way up before playing a note will still trigger the note at its original pitch and will jump when moving the pb). It's very important to be able to play a note with the pitch bend not in its original position.

- It would be nice if Respiro could remember the chosen CC number for breath pressure in the presets or just as a general setting. Each time I load Respiro it always goes back to CC 2 and I need to change it.

- It would be really nice to be able to rename and delete presets within the interface, rather than having to go in Finder.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: imoxplus

More
3 months 3 days ago #446 by imoxplus
All valid suggestions... But not that easy...
- ???: the note transition time request is not really clear for me... need a bit more info, please...
- BUG: the pitch bend is indeed an issue.. I can replicate it...good catch...
- FEATURE: recall of global settings. OK I understand...
- FEATURE: rename / delete presets (variants) from within browser... OK I understand.

The pitch bend bug fix will get priority and the other requests will be added to the list...

thnkx for your input...appreciated...

More
3 months 3 days ago #447 by imoxplus
OK, the pitch bend issue was not that difficult to resolve and will be part of the upcoming release... crazy that I never catched this......good that I have constructive users like Oneiroi ;-)

More
3 months 3 days ago #448 by Oneiroi
Awesome!

For the note transition : Say I press C and then G with a note transition time of 1 second, the portamento between the 2 notes will last 1 second even if I shorten the transition time WHILE the portamento is being played. I normally map portamento/glide time to my MW (and note velocity as well for finer adjustment) and like to adjust the glide time sometimes even while the note is transitioning from one to the other.

Does that make sense?

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds