Photon Mouthpiece

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #394 by filulilu
Photon Mouthpiece was created by filulilu
I saw the announcement of the Photon Mouthpiece and I was extremely impressed. It seems to have everything that other breath controllers don't.
What I would like to suggest and ask other breath controller users is this.
I never control just one synth parameter with breath. The most basic would be to control overall level and cutoff frequency but it can be many other parameters. Saturation, levels of two oscillators separately, pulse width and so on.
I have made a Reaktor ensemble that adjusts breath controller data for every parameter. It sets a minimum and maximum value and a response curve individually.
Do you think that having such adjustments within the breath controller is beneficial?
TEControl does this but it can not send breath data over multiple CCs in order to control different parameters separately. I guess it is suited mostly to adjust the controller to your playing style. There is always the issue of too many or too few controls in software. A designer wants to make it flexible but not overcomplicated but in this case I believe it is essential. What do you think?
The following user(s) said Thank You: puremusic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #395 by Phil999
Replied by Phil999 on topic Photon Mouthpiece
I think it is rather important to map breath CC to more than one parameter, although it is often up to the user to do this. If it is even possible.

More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #396 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic Photon Mouthpiece
This gives you a flavour of the huge flexibility you get with the Photon for assigning CC's to the various sensors, setting curves etc..
As you can see the Photon is much more than a breath controller...it is really a hands-free midi controller / mouthpiece.
The screenshot is from a mockup editor in MAX/MSP .....the final editor will look different..
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by imoxplus.

More
4 months 1 week ago #397 by filulilu
Replied by filulilu on topic Photon Mouthpiece

imoxplus wrote: This gives you a flavour of the huge flexibility you get with the Photon for assigning CC's to the various sensors, setting curves etc..
As you can see the Photon is much more than a breath controller...it is really a hands-free midi controller / mouthpiece.
The screenshot is from a mockup editor in MAX/MSP .....the final editor will look different..

Wow! This is very flexible indeed but still, can you map one stream message to multiple MIDI messages?
For example I always want pitch bend in addition to changing the pitch to change slightly the level and/or the tone color of the sound. If this could be done within the controller it would be even possible to play a eurorack without having to go through a computer.

More
4 months 1 week ago #398 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic Photon Mouthpiece
yes, we offer 2 special AUX streams allowing you to assign any sensor and have their own CC, Curve, Slew rate...

These are the sensor streams the Photon has
Breath Out
Breath In
Lower Lip tension
Oral cavity (tongue)
Vocalisation (vocal amplitude)
AUX 1 (assignable)
AUX 2 (assignable)

These are sensor streams we are still working on..
Upper Lip position
Y-Axis
X-Axis

With other words, no need for computer... feed the Photon into a ExpertSleeper or other and you can play the Eurorack just with the mouth while having your hands free for other work... The Photon does even allow to send a specific note number on/off for the breath in and out stream. And we have some other great ideas in mind..but to early to share...

More
4 months 1 week ago #399 by filulilu
Replied by filulilu on topic Photon Mouthpiece
So niceā€¦! So the world does not belong entirely to keyboard and guitar players.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds