SOLUTION (VST3i): Alternative approach for Midi Program Change

More
1 year 3 days ago #692 by studiodid
Replied by studiodid on topic Midi Program Change
On the other hand, the program change function integrated in Respiro VSTi3 to overcome this problem works well ... with Samplitude Pro X4. But anecdote, there is a rule calculation of three to do because the logical scale of Respiro is 128 while the Samplitude scale for this function is 100%. So the Respiro 64 program corresponds to a 50% setting in Samplitude; the Respiro 14 program corresponds to a setting of 100/128 x14 = 10.93% for Samplitude. Not easy and yet it works and we get used to it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: imoxplus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 days ago #695 by GaryZman
Replied by GaryZman on topic Midi Program Change
I don't understand your last comment at all. First, I already have both Ableton and Cubase, and therefore have no interest in getting Samplitude.
I am trying to understand what you are referring to with: "the program change function integrated in Respiro VSTi3 to overcome this problem works well". I was surprised to read this statement because everything in our previous conversation indicated that program change functionality is not supported with VSTi3 - so what is this referring to and will I be able to use it?

More
1 year 3 days ago #696 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic Midi Program Change
Gary, ....Didier is not Imoxplus, he just tries to help ... ;-).

Didier is trying to explain how he gets Respiro VST3i handling preset working in his DAW (samplitude). This is not applicable to your setup.

So, to summarise
Method 1 - the traditional approach - works for standalone + vst2 -- sending MIDI PROG CHANGE NUMBER.

Method 2 - the work-around -- works for VST3i -- map any external CC# to the Respiro "program" automation parameter.

As promised, I will implement method 1 once Steinberg SDK VST3i is supporting this. But right now this is out of my control ;-((

Hope this clarifies...

More
1 year 1 day ago #698 by GaryZman
Replied by GaryZman on topic Midi Program Change
Ok, looks like I am going around in circles. So then I am back to my original confusion with VST3i: How can I map an external CC# to the Respiro "program" automation parameter? - Specifically, while I see enough about mapping CC#s in the PDF manual, I can't find any reference to any "program" automation parameter in either the manual or within Respiro itself. - What am I missing?
Thanks again.

More
1 year 1 day ago #699 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic Midi Program Change
Hey Gary..OK, I understand...I will create a short video explaining the VST3i program change setup video using Ableton.

Indeed the manual is not touching the VST3i program change topic in lots of details because it all depends a bit on the type of daw being used.
See page 12 and 21
www.imoxplus.com/site/images/headers/Res...l_English_1.2.7c.pdf

More
1 year 1 day ago #700 by imoxplus
See video

Hope this explains..

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds