Midi Program Change

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #376 by windplayer
In the new update, you can assign numbers to your favorite instruments. It would be even better, if you could change the numbered instruments by midi program change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #377 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic Midi Program Change
actually, you have 2 ways to recall the instruments after you assigned a program number.

1 - in standalone mode you can send a MIDI Program Change number that corresponds to the number of one of the assigned instruments.

2 - in plug-in mode (DAW) . You can automate the parameter "PROGRAM" by mapping a CC. Changing the value of that CC will change the instrument.

Hope this helps...
Will see if I find some time to make a video..

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #379 by windplayer
Replied by windplayer on topic Midi Program Change
"2 - in plug-in mode (DAW) . You can automate the parameter "PROGRAM" by mapping a CC. Changing the value of that CC will change the instrument."

I want to control the program by a midi pedal (Line6 fbV3), but it is not easy to control changes of instrument with the expression pedal. The Line6 fbv also have switches (sending Toggle, Single, Momentary), but the Automation does not react to this. Do you have another idea to control the instrument-changes. I listed the instruments with numbers and only want to change between the first 12.
In my DAW, Reaper, you can change the scale of the automation, so the expression-pedal only changes between the first 12 instruments of Respiro, but it nevertheless not easy to have the pedal at a certain CC-value to have the right instrument. It would be easier to step up and down between the first 12 instruments one by one.
Is there perhaps a possibility to control this with the expression pedal? (For exemple: Pedal up -> Value 128 -> One instrument up; pedal down -> Value 0 -> one instrument down). If you have an idea, how to do this in Reaper - with the expression pedal or the switches of the Line6-pedal, this would be nice...

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #383 by imoxplus
Sorry...Respiro has no feature allowing a step-up/down between instruments by using a CC. I will think about this in future releases...

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #385 by windplayer
Replied by windplayer on topic Midi Program Change
I tried to use Reaper-midi-automation at Respiro "program" with my midi-foot-controller sending midi-program-change.
And... It works! :-)
Problem solved!

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #386 by imoxplus
Nice.... I saw I did reply the solution for program change automation by mail and not on this forum..... so, I did copy my mail here so other users can benefit also from this information.

-- Midi Program Change - Reaper
Steinberg removed the traditional Midi Program change support for VST3i plugin formats.
I did provide standard Program Change support in the stand-alone because this is not a VST3i format.

When loading Respiro in Reaper you are using the VST3i format.
The way a VST3i is listening to program changes is different versus VST2.

You need to use the Reaper automation to change the program number of Respiro (VST3i).
You can do this as follow;

- Load and Open Respiro into a track
- Click the Program - FX Parameter list - Learn - Program
- You will see a popup window where you can map a CC from your footswitch.
- Sending the CC with corresponding value for the instrument will recall that instrument.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds