Communication between Photon and Other Controllers

• Enkerli
  • Enkerli's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #664 by Enkerli
Since the mouthpiece is mostly meant as a replacement for part of existing devices (windcontrollers especially), it probably connects with other devices. But how?
Does it support wireless connections? If so, is it Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)?

At this point, my dream setup would probably be some kind of MPE controller with breath control. That dream is about a simple setup, not using multiple devices or cables to get things to work together.
If the Photon does support BLE, I’d like to test it with my MPE controllers, which also support BLE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #665 by imoxplus
The Photon itself will not include wireless. Including a wireless BLE does require serious investment in certification, pID, vID etc.. For sure we have a very good understanding of what would be required to introduce wireless capabilities and will consider expansion kits when sales of is going well. Or maybe if we exceed our target for the crowdfunding.

The connection with other devices will go via a compact little midi merger/hub with a USB connection towards iPad, iPhone, Mac, Win ...

Combining the Photon with an MPE controller should be possible.

In the meantime I would recommend you have a look at the bomebox. This box allows wireless Wifi Midi and can input multiple controllers (USB midi host, midi DIN etc... it can run on a battery pack...it is also highly configurable using the Midi translator tool. etc... www.bome.com/products/bomebox
The following user(s) said Thank You: blipson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds