× Welcome to the Imoxplus forum!

Please, tell us and our members who you are, we like to know you better. This way we can improve our software.

Wow

• Clint Goss
  • Clint Goss's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #775 by Clint Goss
Wow was created by Clint Goss
Wow. I've been saying that word for the last four hours while playing my brains out (for the last four hours).

In the way of an introduction ...

I'm primarily a Native American flute player who got interested in sample-based sound libraries, because of the possibility of emulating the Native flute, including some of the historic instruments that are rare and do not travel well. I've been playing Sylphyo for the last 3 months, but have come up against the limitations of sample libraries (I'm using Kontakt). Respiro is my first modelling engines, purchased 4.3 hours ago ...

I realize that Respiro is not trying to emulate existing instruments, but what it achieves are (a) actually playable and (b) sound so cool!

Made it about half way through the provided patches before my Sylphyo battery started wearing down ...

Very much looking forward to the continuing development on this awesome project!!

-- Clint Goss
The following user(s) said Thank You: imoxplus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #776 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic Wow
Happy to read this post.... drop me a mail in case you want to test the Respiro player for iOS...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clint Goss

• Clint Goss
  • Clint Goss's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 months 2 weeks ago #777 by Clint Goss
Replied by Clint Goss on topic Wow
Thank you Rudy! I am entirely PC-based ... been using Cantabile and Kontakt mostly.

Been working with Aodyo to implement fingerings for Native American flute as well as a set of fonts for fingerings (www.Flutopedia.com/sylphyo_fonts.htm).

Time to get back to playing!!

More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #778 by Phil999
Replied by Phil999 on topic Wow
I’ve been a Kontakt user since long time as well, but I found that it is better suited for keyboards and sequencing. Never really found a way to play those brilliant libraries in real-time with a wind controller, despite going deep into the software.

Samplemodeling opened the door. Natural sounds with lots of expression. But still not exactly what I hoped to have. Very valuable for brass sections and other purposes.

Respiro opened the door completely. I have not even created own instruments or variants; so far there is no need to. The provided variants are already so good to play.

I’m also interested in native sounds, as we may call it, and Respiro just provides those sounds.

Edit: of course I’ve created many variants. Don’t know why I wrote this sentence. Because I work on several computers and because after an iOS update all variants are gone. I’m also new to Respiro.
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Phil999.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #780 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic Wow
the Respiro variants you made are backed-up in the your Documents/imoxplus/Respiro/variants on your Mac/Win. They should not disappear.. The iOS test version might loose your variants on the iOS device, but you will always be in the possibility to reload your variants (export library) into the iOS by (re)exporting from Respiro Mac/Win...
hope this clarifies...

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds