The new EMEO digital practice sax soon available for pre-ordering

• imoxplus
  • imoxplus's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #629 by imoxplus
EMEO is preparing for the launch. Pre-ordering will soon become possible.
www.emeomusic.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 9 hours ago #647 by puremusic
About 3x as expensive as I'd ever consider paying for it.

• imoxplus
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #649 by imoxplus
For sure this is not cheap...when comparing with other wind-controllers... but if you buy a Synthophone they you pay far more. Also the EMEO is not positioned as a wind-controller...it is positioned as practice sax.

The cost is mainly due to the authentic mechanical features being merged with digital features. The EMEO team is not targeting the wind-controller musician with this product, their goal is to attract the traditional Sax player and provide them an out of the box solution to practice their fingering without getting on trouble with the neighbours... We will see how this product evolves...

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #662 by stubbsonic
A long-time band-mate and friend is interested in Emeo, and has some questions.

Is the bundled version of Respiro a "Lite" version? If so, what are the limitations to that Respiro version/license? The Emeo version just says that it "includes Respiro License" with no further information.

How does the Emeo differ from other wind controllers in terms of it's capabilities and functions? I get that it has a breath controller, and somehow gets some note information from the keys. How does it work? Does it allow for any special playing techniques? How does it work when there is a mouthpiece/reed connected?

• imoxplus
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #663 by imoxplus
Well, the Emeo is not really a wind-controller as like the WX, EWI , AE etc...
Instead, it is a real authentic sax (feel, look, weight, character etc).... but equipped with a great breath sensor and clever electronics to capture the fingering. It is made for sax musicians and students that want to keep it easy and out of the box. You have the playing range like a a real sax and can set different root keys. It feels very interactive while playing due to the real mechanics..therefore it is perfect for fingering exercise... I also like it a lot because it gets me connected with the sound/music I'm producing due to that authentic mechanical feel.

Conclusion: it is designed to practice the sax fingering ..

The Respiro "lite" version included has similar features as the full version except that it has far less sounds. The sounds includes are those selected by the Emeo team. Emeo customers can cross-grade to the full version with a 24% discount. The full version has more sounds + upgrades..

The sax Mouthpiece /Reed just gives that authentic feel in the mouth but the reed does not vibrate and you can not apply the sax embouchure . You can even put your own mouthpiece on it.....You can adjust the breath sensitivity....

All settings are done via the keys...

As you know I'm working on the Photon mouthpiece and have a strong partnership with Emeo...so, you might guess how their roadmap will look like... ;-)

Hope this gives you sufficient info....
stay safe

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds