What's that Keyboard?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #452 by puremusic
Hey Rudy, when you're demonstrating the Photon on the gold WX-5, what's the big black keyboard behind you? I always have this curiosity about gear!

I am going to experiment with using a mini keyboard in a satchel and my TEC BC with together with my iPad for portable if I can get it all setup to work together. I have pretty much decided against getting an EWI or an AE-10 after much research, and am going to go for this setup and/or a WARBL in the future, though if something new comes out that may change.

I may eventually get a decent laptop so I can use all my sounds as I travel around. That'll require some research as I haven't shopped for a laptop in years and just have an ancient Toshiba as a spare. I'm not sure what to do audio interface-wise with a laptop, as I sure can't put in my RME HDSP PCI card in one, but I do want the wonderful low latency.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #453 by puremusic
Replied by puremusic on topic What's that Keyboard?
Basically the satchel/keyboard setup will be an alternative to a keytar as none of the ones I see out there quite grab me. :D
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by puremusic.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #454 by puremusic
This stuff is never as easy as you hope it will be, I can't get USB midi into the iPad for some reason. I may have to do this with some other method after all! Those wireless MIDI devices though are expensive.

I forget I may have asked you about that keyboard before Rudy, but if I did I forget what the answer was. :D

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #456 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic What's that Keyboard?
yes, the midi into ipad is a complete different ballgame. Not sure if I can be of help..

the keyboard I use is the Yamaha S90. This is a fantastic keyboard with a great action and you can stuff up to 3 Yamaha PLGVL cards into it.

But if I have some extra budget then I will invest in this wonderful keyboard
www.expressivee.com/discover-osmose

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #457 by puremusic
A-ha, the S90, that sounds great! It's too bad Yamaha is still not doing stuff like the PLG cards. If they had made them like computer game cartridges and had them put in slots in their hardware I feel like they could've really taken off.

I will level up my iPad MIDI knowledge by seeking more info everywhere no worries. :D

The Osmose! Rudy! Yes I already pre-ordered!

Then they warned the early bird price was running out so I preordered a second one! :ohmy:

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds