Pitch Bend Error [SOLVED]

• Clint Goss
  • Clint Goss's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 weeks 23 hours ago - 3 weeks 3 hours ago #796 by Clint Goss
Pitch Bend Error [SOLVED] was created by Clint Goss
I've had a long-standing issue, and finally tracked down the details.

The symptom is that, occasionally, Respiro will appear to transpose up a whole tone (two semitones) for "a while" and then transpose back down and carry on normally. Unsettling.

I've tracked it down to a peculiar MIDI sequence put out by the Sylphyo. It may have to do with the way it handles Key-Bend (a feature still in Beta). The sequence is a max-positive Pitch Bend command followed 9 milliseconds later by a Zero (i.e. "No") Pitch Bend command. The specific sequence looks like this:

<code>
Time Position Ch Type Value

1:24.731 43.2.46 1 Pitch Bend 11585 (+3393)
.016 delta
1:24.747 43.2.50 1 Pitch Bend 16383 (+8191)
.009 delta
1:24.756 43.2.51 1 Pitch Bend 8192 (+0)
</code>

... and here is a snapshot of the Piano Roll from Reaper showing the Pitch Bend commands at the bottom:

The problematic Pitch Bends are just before the green cursor location, and all the MIDI notes that follow are transposed up, until the next Pitch Bend.

So, basically, Respiro is missing the last Pitch Bend returning to zero ... 9 milliseconds after the Max pitch bend.

Or ... maybe it could be ... that the pitch bends are arriving at Respiro out of order? Can this happen??? (I vaguely recall reading about this).

Any advice appreciated ...
Last edit: 3 weeks 3 hours ago by Clint Goss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Clint Goss
  • Clint Goss's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 weeks 3 hours ago - 3 weeks 3 hours ago #797 by Clint Goss
Replied by Clint Goss on topic Pitch Bend Error [SOLVED]
This issue was completely resolved by an update from v1.2.84 to v1.2.862 ... THANKS!!

I was able to test and confirm that the MIDI sequence that was causing problem is still being generated occasionally by the Sylphyo, but Respiro is now responding correctly and catching the second Pitch Bend message that returns the Pitch Bend to zero.
Last edit: 3 weeks 3 hours ago by Clint Goss.

More
3 weeks 3 hours ago #798 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic Pitch Bend Error [SOLVED]
great... I hope to find time to release this officially soon...

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds