Respiro x Live 10 - No output for whole project bug

• Hamcat
  • Hamcat's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #710 by Hamcat
Hey guys,
I've encountered a weird and annoying issue several times with Respiro in Ableton Live 10.

Sometimes, after playing for a few hours in a Live project, Respiro will completely cease to emit sound.
It still receives MIDI, the notes I play are still displayed on the sweetzone indicator but there's no more output signal from Respiro.

I've tried switching presets, opening another instance of Respiro in an other track, restarting Live & computer, nothing helps.
The only way I found to get Respiro back is to switch to another Live Project, which means having to copy all of the other stuff from the glitched project, which ain't fun.

This has happened on both of my computers with latest Respiro version.
I could not reproduce the issue on purpose, I don't know what causes it but I noticed that it usually happens between two openings of the same project.

Did it happen to somebody else on here ?
Thanks !
Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Hamcat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• imoxplus
  • Away
More
10 months 4 days ago #711 by imoxplus
Hey...first, sorry for the late reply.... normally I get an alert when somebody is posting a message...but this time I did not...

About your problem.
Some questions so I can dig into this...also feel free to mail me directly...or setup a skype (imoxplus) which goes faster ;-)

- Windows or MAC?
- Are you using VST3, VST2 or AU
- What version of Respiro are you using 1.2.7 or the pre-release 1.2.8?
- What is the sample rate / buffer size you are using in Ableton?
- Is it always with the same instrument that the problem starts?
- Are you using a user variant with lots of mapping?
- Is the CPU consumption peaking when problem occurs?

• Hamcat
More
10 months 4 days ago #713 by Hamcat
Hey, don't worry about this :)
I like to use the forum but if I ever am in a hurry I won't hesitate thanks !
I love Respiro and I'm very grateful for your work, glad I could help resolving issues !

So I'm using Windows 10, Respiro 1.2.7 (wasn't aware of the 1.2.8 pre-release, I will try to update it to see if it does anything !).
The problem occurs with both VST3 and VST2 versions.
My Live 10 settings are 44100/256.

I haven't noticed anything particular that could cause the problem, I usually notice it when I open a project with an instance of Respiro which was working fine the last time I opened it but is now mute. It has also happened once when the project was open.

On a bugged project nothing else seems to fail, Respiro responds as usual but there's just no signal, while another instrument on the same midi channel will work fine.

I think it has only happened with Live projects in which I used Respiro a lot, so maybe it could be a mapping-related issue. but I couldn't say for sure.
I have tried to reproduce it without success, but will try again !

No extraordinary CPU usage in the bugged projects.

• imoxplus
  • Away
More
10 months 4 days ago #714 by imoxplus
thanks for the info..

please drop me a mail so I can provide you a download link to the 1.2.8 pre-release

Are you running multiple instances (tracks) with Respiro plug-ins loaded?

• Hamcat
More
10 months 4 days ago #715 by Hamcat
Great news I've just found a way to reproduce the issue !

So, Respiro in BC MODE will cease to output sound as soon as I MIDI map my Sylphyo's CC2 to a parameter. Doesn't matter which one, if cc2 is mapped to something, BC MODE will be mute.
Doesn't affect the other modes.

• imoxplus
  • Away
More
10 months 3 days ago #716 by imoxplus
thanks for clearing this out..
Indeed, when using Ableton MIDI mapping (not to confuse with Respiro plugin mapping) to assign CC02 to any kind of DAW parameter then this CC will not be routed anymore towards plug-in.
This is a typical behaviour of the Ableton DAW which I do not like, a DAW should always pass-through CC's to the plug-ins.

So, this is not really an issue related to Respiro,

Other Respiro modes are using Velocity and Aftertouch, so these will not be affected.but MPE will also fail when mapping CC02 within Ableton.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds