Tags keep vanishing? (SOLVED)

• Rimshot
  • Rimshot's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 5 days ago - 2 weeks 1 day ago #632 by Rimshot
Tags keep vanishing? (SOLVED) was created by Rimshot
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm inadvertently doing something wrong, but I keep having issues where I assign tags to instruments I like, and then at some point, all or almost all of the tags just vanish. When I click on the tag button, it may be that only 1 tag remains (usually the tag of an instrument that I currently have loaded up might remain), while the others simply aren't there anymore.

If I go down the list of instrument names, I confirm that my tag is no longer showing in the tag box.

If I've saved an edited variation of an instrument, that I like, that variation will still be there and I've never lost those, but I've had the tags vanish on me multiple times and I can't figure out what is happening so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks!
Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by imoxplus. Reason: solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago - 1 month 5 days ago #633 by imoxplus
Replied by imoxplus on topic Tags keep vanishing?
Some other users report this also. But it is difficult for me to isolate the issue and therefor fix it. I think it has to do with a file locking situation that occurs when multiple Respiro's are open..
So, Please share a bit more details..
Window or MAC?
Do you set Tags when running Respiro in standalone or DAW.. If so, what DAW?
Do you run multiple Respiro's?
Last edit: 1 month 5 days ago by imoxplus.

• Rimshot
More
1 month 4 days ago #635 by Rimshot
Replied by Rimshot on topic Tags keep vanishing?
I am running windows 10, using a single instance of the standalone version.

I will add that I have usually seen these tags vanish while the program is still running.

Thanks!

More
1 month 4 days ago #636 by imoxplus
OK..thx for the input... a difficult bug to fix.....Grrr

What I can advice is following... let's say you have all nicely tagged then you can make a backup of this by copying this file.
/Documents/Imoxplus/Respiro/Variants/Database.RespiroBrowser.

Copying back this backup should bring back the tags in case they are lost...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rimshot

• Rimshot
More
1 month 1 day ago #637 by Rimshot
Replied by Rimshot on topic Tags keep vanishing?
Looks like my reply didn't save, apologies if this ends up double posting:

I think I have determined that the bug is related to the search filter. I think that when you click on "clear search filter" it is often times deleting the tags.

As an example, here is what I did:

Searched for "clarinet". Picked an instrument from the search, and created a tag. I clicked on the tag button and saw that the new tag comes up fine in the list.

Then I searched for "trumpet", picked an instrument and created a different tag. Then I clicked on the tag button, and I could see two different tags, and the instruments listed just as they should.

I did this a third time with a 3rd search and 3rd tag, same thing - all 3 tags were visible when I clicked on the "tag" button.

But then I clicked on the "Clear Search Filter" to go back to the master list of all instruments. Then I clicked on the tag button again, and this time, all the tags were gone except for the tag of the currently selected instrument.

So I think somehow the "clear search filter" is deleting the tags?

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

More
1 month 1 day ago - 1 month 20 hours ago #638 by imoxplus
This is a golden tip... I will dig into this and check if something can go wrong in during this workflow....MANY THANKS MY FRIEND...hopefully this brings me to the rootcause of this issue...

UPDATE1: I did find the rootcause of the issue. I will see how to fix it. In the meantime I can advice NOT TO USE THE FILTER when setting tags otherwise this will loose ALL other tags..

UPDATE2: I did fix it. I will take the opportunity to add a small extra feature to switch the browser into user mode. This will then only show the instruments/variants that contain a TAG or ProgNumber.
Last edit: 1 month 20 hours ago by imoxplus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rimshot

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds